Neon lighting has many advantages, in terms of cost, maintenance and appearance which have made it the most popular choice for accent lighting and back lighting.
- Neon lighting is virtually maintenance free. The life expectancy of neon fixtures is 15 to 20 years. Transformer life is 10 to 15 years. This eliminates re-lamping where tubes are in difficult to reach locations.
- Coves for neon lighting can be as small as 3 inches by 3 inches.
- There are approximately 40 neon colors to blend or compliment any color scheme. This includes numerous white neon colors.
- Lumen output of 600 lumens per foot can be obtained with certain neon systems.
- Neon is custom manufactured to the specifications of the designer. Measurements are verified in the field to assure an exact and clean installation. Neon is much better suited to curves and tight spaces than other types of lighting.
- Neon tubing is butted up against the next tube to assure a continuous flow of light without dark spots or hot spots.
- Neon can be dimmed at a reasonable cost.